MINI-5MP-PLUS RGB565 QSXGA Configuration data

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Online order

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    MINI-5MP-PLUS

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    PIC32MZ

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    Arducam GIThub and OV5642 application notes.

5. Problems you were having?
    Using the Configuration data available in the header file of ov5642_regs.h, I can´t get a better resolution than 640x480 with RGB565 output format.

6. The dmesg log from your hardware?

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?

8. What help do you need?
    Need the I2C configuration values for RGB565 at the QSXGA resolution

Hi,
Due to the limitation of the spi baud width, we have not develop bigger resolution for RGB format, due to the transfer is too slow.
You can refer to here to get more configuration

Hi Ivbin,

I cannot really find out how to change the resolution to QSXGA, with trial and error I managed to get 640x480 to work with RGB565, but I cannot do the same to get a higher resolution.

I already went through the application notes and there is no example that fits my case.
Is there anyway you can provide me with the registers that I need to overwrite/write?

Best,
Christos

@CKech
Hi, I am terrible sorry for my late reply. Have you solved your issue now?
I know it is not a easy thing to configure a new resolution without OV’s fae support.

Hi Ivbin,

Thank you for reaching out.

I tried modifying the existing configuration registers, but the data coming from the camera were always corrupted.

We opted on using the RAW configuration for the time being.
If you could provide us the configuration registers for the RGB565 output format, it would help us a lot in our application/product development.

Best,
Christos

@CKech
You are welcome. It’s my honor to try my best to help you.
From the software application notes. there is a VGA mode configuration with YUV format. Have you tested it?

Firstly, I think you should make sure this configuration is normal.
Then as normal, just modify pixel format register to change the YUV to RGB mode. You can get the datasheet here

Feel free to let me know if you need more help.