Maximum Resolution when using two Raspberry Pi HQ Cameras (IMX477) and the Multi Camera Adapter Board v 2.2

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?

Sertronics (Berrybase)

1. Model number of the product(s)?

Arducam Multi Camera Adapter V 2.2 (UC-475 Rev. C) and two Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera (IMX477 Sensor) conected to ports A and C of the adapter board

1. What hardware/platform were you working on?

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B; OS: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

1. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)

I adapted the C++ source code provided here:

1. Problems you were having?

I tried to capture still images from my two cameras. Everythings works finde as long as my selected resolution does not exceed 1280 x 720 pixels. Higher resolutions cause a message “select timeout” after camera initialization and no images are captured. Is this intended behaviour, or is this probably a driver issue?

1. The dmesg log from your hardware?

2. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?

I have tested one of the cameras by connecting it directly to the Pi to check if it is a camera issue. I was able to capture images with full resolution. However, with two cameras connected to the Pi via the Multi Camera Adapter Board, I was not able to capture images with resolutions exceeding 720p.

1. What help do you need?

Information on how to increase the resolution when capturing images from two cameras using the Multi Camera Adapter Board.

Any help with increasing the camera resolution would be appreciated.