Issue with MT9D111 board and Digital Camera code

Hi,

I tried that configuration too. but, the problem is the RAW file that I get is a mess. When I open it with MATLAB, it’s not like the JPEG format or even close.it has much lower quality.

I want to do some image processing after I took photos.

1-The problem with JPEG configuration is that JPEG compress images (lossy). Do you have a modified version of that code which is lossless?

2-What other lossless format do you have for this camera like PNG?

3-Is there any RAW format code which is compatible with this camera?

4-What do you suggest for my problem?

Hi,

Raw images are raw data and have not gone through the ISP, so the image quality is poor.

1.Jpeg itself is lossy compression, and we have no lossless compression configuration now.

2.This sensor does not support PNG output, the original image can only have RAW.

3.There is only one RAW format code, and the reply above has given you the link.

4.I think if you want to do image processing, you can do it in RAW.

Hi,

Please find the attached.

I used the RAW format code that you mentioned in the previous post. But as you can see in the attached image it doesn’t have good quality when I open it in MATLAB.

but, it must be like tyhe following one.(it’s JPEG).

I dont know what is wrong with the code or camera. My requirement is very simple and seems straight forward process.But i dont know what to do.Do you what casue this problem? and why?

Hi,

I tried the coode you mentioned in the previous posts.you can find it as following image in RAW format tha i opened it in MATLAB.

Bu,the folowing image is the JPEG format.

It seems a simple problem,but i dont know how to fix it.

do you have any suggestion?

@alibarari

Hello, maybe you mislead my means. I have told you in the previous email that our configuration is in the format of QVGA (320x240) RGB565 instead of raw. I see that the image you posted seems to have been processed by matlab, resulting in pixel misalignment. If normal rgb565, you can directly display it . No need to do any conversion.

I used the Playback code for this RAW file. Like other codes, these RAW cannot be open by any applications normally.but, QVGA RGB565 has 320x240 resolution.however, it doesn’t meet our resolution requirement which is 1600x1200.

So, do I have any other option to get a good quality image with the RAW format that has a 1600x1200 resolution?(for image processing)

Hello,

At present we don’t have 1600x1200 raw configure file. We will try to configure it recently.