Issue in Installing pre-compiled driver for pivariety camera B0323 imx298

Hi Iam recently purchased ArduCam B0323 Pivariety 16MP IMX298 Color Camera Module for RPi,while install pre-compiled driver with guidance ArduCam website ,i have faced an issue

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# ./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p libcamera_dev

Hardware Revision: d03114
Kernel Version: 5.10.63-v7l+

HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 401 Unauthorized

Username/Password Authentication Failed.

Cannot find the corresponding package, please send the following information to [email protected]
Hardware Revision: d03114
Kernel Version: 5.10.63-v7l+

(sorry for minimal data new user allowed to give only two links)please give support to solve this issue

Hi @Balaji

It looks like this is a network problem,
You can try to download the deb installation package manually:

I have tried your advice by Downloading libcamera-dev.deb and installed it . By checking
libcamera-still -t 5000 -o test.jpg ,it give libcamera-still: error while loading shared libraries: libcamera.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please try to install libcamera-dev.deb and libcamera-apps.deb.

And please use the following commands when installing:
sudo apt install ./xxx.deb
If you are using the latest bullseye you also need to uninstall libcamera0:
sudo apt remove libcamera0

Dear Sir, Thank you for your kind advice , now I am able to read camera image with libcamera . at last I have an small doubt ,is that pivariety camera can access by Opencv Videocapture method

Unfortunately, VideoCapture using opencv can only read RAW data (you can view the format through v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext).
You can find information about V4l2loopback in the document. It is a compromise method. It uses libcamera to get data and send it to the video node.

Is that able to read camera image using raspicam_cv

Sir ,I have tried your advice for v4l2loopback to acess camera via opencv . But I have an doudt, v4l2loopback command is has to be run at background to access camera image using opencv in respective program. Incase I exit that command,I could not able to access camera via opencv . is there any solution for this issue

Unfortunately, as I said, this is a compromise method. It must run in the background to get data normally.

But it makes system slower

Then suggest any camera lib to access camera directly in c++ application

Yes, it is not the best solution, but it works…

Yes, the best way is to use C++ code to access libcamera directly, you can refer to libcamera-apps, they have complete source code:

Is that libcamera-app support opencv for process output image

In fact, this is not a problem. Memory data can be easily converted to cv::Mat. Are you looking for C++ code or Python? We have a simple Python wrapper that can be used.

kindly provide python wrapper

please provide sample or example code for licamera-app to access camera

Hi Balaji

You can download the libcamera python library in the link below, which contains installation instructions and sample code.

Download libcamera python library URL

Hi Yang

Is there any sample code for c++ application

For C++ code please refer to libcamera-apps