IMX477 not working with raspberry pi 4B (1080p@240fps)

Hello,

I’ve been trying to figure out how to use the IMX477 at 1080p@240fps for a while now with the raspberry pi 4B. I understand that the framerate will not work at 240fps like advertised due to the MIPI 2 lane mode but I was wondering if there was any way around that to be able to get 1080p@240fps. I don’t mind purchasing any other devices in order to get it to function but I haven’t been able to find anything. If anyone knows anything about it please let me know. Thank you so much.

Hi @Mat

You are right, the MIPI interface of the ordinary Raspberry Pi is only 2lane, so it cannot reach 1080p@240.
Although the Raspberry Pi CM module has 4lane, there is no related software support,
so unfortunately, there is no way to make IMX477 reaches 1080p@240 on the Raspberry Pi.

Thank you so much for replying. Are the Jetson devices able to run 1080p@240 fps or is it just impossible to run it at all with the IMX477. If not do you know of any programable device that is capable to do so?

Hi @Mat
Jetson Nano + third-party 4lane carrier board + custom 1080p@240 driver, theoretically can reach your goal.