IMX477 not working with raspberry pi 4B ([email protected])

Hello,

I’ve been trying to figure out how to use the IMX477 at [email protected] for a while now with the raspberry pi 4B. I understand that the framerate will not work at 240fps like advertised due to the MIPI 2 lane mode but I was wondering if there was any way around that to be able to get [email protected] I don’t mind purchasing any other devices in order to get it to function but I haven’t been able to find anything. If anyone knows anything about it please let me know. Thank you so much.

Hi @Mat

You are right, the MIPI interface of the ordinary Raspberry Pi is only 2lane, so it cannot reach [email protected]
Although the Raspberry Pi CM module has 4lane, there is no related software support,
so unfortunately, there is no way to make IMX477 reaches [email protected] on the Raspberry Pi.

Thank you so much for replying. Are the Jetson devices able to run [email protected] fps or is it just impossible to run it at all with the IMX477. If not do you know of any programable device that is capable to do so?

Hi @Mat
Jetson Nano + third-party 4lane carrier board + custom [email protected] driver, theoretically can reach your goal.