IMX477 Full resolution stereo with Jetson Nano?

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?

2. Model number of the product(s)?

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)

5. Problems you were having?

6. The dmesg log from your hardware?

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?

8. What help do you need?

Is it possible with the Jetson Nano to capture full resolution stereo video (2x 4K) using the IMX477 stereo modules? If so, what fps?

Hi @bolteon

Unfortunately, the current IMX477 stereo modules does not support full resolution (2x4k)

Is AWB and AE functional for video on Jetson Nano?

Also, what would it take to do 2x 4K video capture? We have a specific need for CES where we need it.

The current IMX477 stereo modules just combine two cameras into one, making Jetson think that only one camera is connected, so his use is the same as a single one (AE, AWB effects may not be as good as a single one)

What would it take to get 2x 4K output running?

It currently does not support shooting full resolution 2x4k.

Can you just say your not interested in making it work?

It’s frustrating to ask what would it take, then be told it currently doesn’t support it, and not answer how can we make it support it in the future…

Hi @bolteon
I’m very sorry, but I have no right to decide whether to support the plan…

If you really need it, maybe you can send an email to [email protected] to make a custom request.

Is there any further development on the matter? I am interested in getting the full 2x12MP resolution image from 2 IMX477 camera sensors connected to the Cam Array Hat for Jetson Nano.

Thank you

Hi @iMavrov

As Wong said above, you can’t understand him as two independent cameras. They only support one imx477’s resolution, and each camera takes half of the resolution.