IMX477 driver not installing correctly on R32.6.1

I’m not sure, I will take the time to test it.

Quick note, with your latest 15fps driver, I am able to modify the 4032x3040 frame-rate using this separate shell technique down to 5fps. In fact, with all of the modes, I am unable to get below 5fps with v4l2-ctl even though the driver and DTB should allow down to 2fps. I noted this behavior in the Nvidia post I just created - V4l2-ctl not respecting frame_rate control, unlike Gstreamer on IMX477 + Nano 2GB - Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Also, I think that if v4l2-ctl were to correctly respect the frame_rate setting on initialization, then it wouldn’t be necessary to have two 4032x3040 modes (one at 30fps and one at 15fps). I think since it immediately tries 4032x3040 at 30fps (which it can’t handle for some reason), it doesn’t recover when setting the frame_rate from another shell. But if it were to have initialized correctly at 15fps, then it would work fine. Let’s see what the Nvidia folks say about the frame_rate control in v4l2 and go from there. Thanks for your help.

It’s not correct. I didn’t simply adjust the frame rate in 15fps mode. At the same time, I also adjusted some MIPI timing related registers. This effect cannot be achieved only through frame_rate control.

Got it. So maybe we will need two modes (4032x3040 at 30fps for Argus/Gstreamer and 4032x3040 at 15fps for v4l2 enabling raw bayer capture). Please see this thread on the Nvidia forum - V4l2-ctl not respecting frame_rate control, unlike Gstreamer on IMX477 + Nano 2GB - #5 by ShaneCCC - Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums - They are interested in merging in the 4032x3040 support. Would you be able to share the patch with them?

In fact, they have a 4032x3040 configuration, we also use the patch provided by RidgeRun, please check:

Ok I will make sure to ask them about why they removed that mode. What are your thoughts on having both a 30fps and 15fps mode in the official Arducam drivers for 4032x3040?

Currently we have no plans to add it in the release version, which may confuse users.
If you want them to coexist, you can try to modify it yourself by referring to the patch I provided.

Ok, would you be able to send the patch that contains the 15fps modifications? I believe I only have the patch that adds the 4032x3040 30fps mode. Thanks!

It has been sent by mail.

1 Like

FYI, I’ve created a post on the Nvidia forums asking about why v4l2 behaves differently than Argus in regards to the 4032x3040 at 30fps mode - V4L2 vs. Argus MIPI CSI performance differences with IMX477 camera - Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Thank you very much for the information,
I am also curious about the specific difference between v4l2 and argus.