Imx477_board_setup: error during i2c read probe on Jetson Xavier NX / A203v2 carrier board :(

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Amazon.com UCTRONICS

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    Board says “Arducam UC-698 Rev. A” on silk

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    I have a Jetson Xavier NX, 8GB RAM, 16GB EMMC, 512MB SSD
    installed on a Seeed A203v2 carrier board (with one MIPI-CSI port).

It is a fresh build of JetPack 5.0.2, L4T 35.0.1
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Kernel version 5.10.104-tegra

1. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    Followed regular setup to flash OS onto Jetson Xavier per Seeed A203v2 instructions.

2. Problems you were having?
    using “sudo dmesg | grep imx477” at the terminal:
    sudo dmesg | grep imx477
    [ 11.469692] imx477 2-001a: tegracam sensor driver:imx477_v2.0.6
    [ 11.793484] imx477 2-001a: imx477_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
    [ 11.795739] imx477 2-001a: board setup failed
    [ 11.801373] imx477: probe of 2-001a failed with error -121

3. The dmesg log from your hardware?
    see above - I get this message whether the ribbon cable/camera is connected or not.

4. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?

5. What help do you need?
    This hardware unit may be the one marketed on Amazon for Raspberry Pi versus the one marketed for Jetson Xavier (I have ordered both in the past and don’t know how to tell them apart visually. I only have one that I can find at the moment, and it might be the RPi version).

a. How can I tell (visually or otherwise) if the UC-698 is the Pi or Jetson product?
b. Can the Pi version be used with a Jetson Xavier?
c. What do the dmesg imx477 errors above mean, and can anyone suggest de-bugging steps?
d. Has anyone had success with an IMX477 product with M12 lens mount on the Jetson Xavier NX w/ A203v2 carrier board?

@Monochrome

You can identify the Jetson version by the ‘N’ on the camera hat, while the Raspberry Pi version has an ‘R’."

In theory it is possible, but I don’t recommend it that much.

Based on the attached picture, we noticed that you were using a third-party development board, which may not be compatible with some of our cameras. We recommend testing the camera on official development kit to ensure proper function.
Due to the third-party carrier board, we cannot confirm whether any issues are related to the camera or the hardware platform. However, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you encounter any issues when using our cameras on the official development kit.