IMX477 B0240 Specification/capabilities for Rpi Compute Module 4 query

Hi, I’m looking at the B0240 for use with the Rpi CM4, but I have some queries - I can’t find this information elsewhere.

Will this definately operate over 4 lanes of CSI-2 on the CM4 if I am using a base board with a 4 lane CSI-2 port? What is the expected maximum bandwidth in the 4 lane CSI-2 configuration?

I’m looking to pull RAW bayer 12-bit packed data from the camera at 24fps+ in a C++ application. Does the Arducam (Userland Driver) MIPI API support the IMX477 and 12-bit RAW data?

The Arducam (Userland Driver) MIPI API doesn’t appear to have any frame rate control functions. Is there a mechanism to control the B0240 framerate precisely?

Is there documentation of the registers for the IMX477 B0240 to use with arducam_read/write_sensor_reg?

Thanks
Russell

B0240 driver does not support 4-lane.

Userland Driver is deprecated and not recommended.

The datasheet of the IMX477 is confidential and we cannot provide such information.

Hi Wong, thanks for the response. Regarding your points:

The B0240 says on the product page it has 4 lanes of CSI-2 output. How would we go about accessing 4 lanes with the Compute Module 4? Would we need to write our own driver?

If the Userland Driver is deprecated, which driver should we use?

Thanks,
Russell

Yes, the B0240 supports 4-lane, and one of the RPI CM4 camera ports also supports 4-lane, but there is no driver for 4-lane currently provided.

Now we use the kernel driver + libcamera.
The kernel driver provides v4l2 support (/dev/videoX), and libcamera provides ISP support.