I2c issues with the OV5642

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Amazon

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    OV5642 https://www.amazon.com/Arducam-Module-Camera-Arduino-Mega2560/dp/B013JUKZ48/ref=sr_1_4?crid=F7L90RRQ4SMA&keywords=ov5642&qid=1645597696&sprefix=ov5642%2Caps%2C129&sr=8-4

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    TI cc3200 SimpleLink Wi-Fi Wireless MCU

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    I have copied/translated over the ArduCam git code as best I can. I have matched my instructions to try and follow 5MP SPI Camera Hardware Application Note also.

5. Problems you were having?
    I am having issues communicating with I2C to configure the camera so that I can start a capture.

6. The dmesg log from your hardware?

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
    Camera works on arduino board, check timing/logic view of all spi commands, check values being in cc3200 functions to make sure they were not arbitrarily modified. Other device (lux sensor) seems to work fine on the board with I2C.

8. What help do you need?
    Is there any cmd register that needs to be written to before I2C can take place? Is there a way to trigger and retrieve a capture without using the I2C first?
    I can provide logic views for all spi commands and the single portion of I2C that seems to send on request.

Hello,

Before initializing the camera, you can check whether there is any problem with I2C and SPI communication. You can refer to our example to read the camera ID to test whether the I2C communication is normal. Read and write the 0x55 register to test whether the SPI communication is normal.