How to make Arducam OV5642 SPI Camera module work on ESP32-WROOM-32U

I am having trouble hooking up the Arducam OV5642 which is technically an Arduino camera to the ESP32-WROOM-32U. The ESP-32 has SPI and I2C interface so I am assuming if I hardwire the connections it should still work. However, when I connect the wires and run the Arducam_ESP32_Capture sketch, the serial monitor at 115200 baud prints out an infinite loop with this message.
rst:0x10 (RTCWDT_RTC_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT) configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00 mode:DIO, clock div:1 load:0x3fff0018,len:4 load:0x00000000,len:131072
What could be the error?

Attached you could check my hardware connections.

Hi,

Please refer to this link first.

If there is still a problem, it could be a hardware problem, make sure the board is fine.

I have seen the picture of your board, it doesn’t seem to be ESP32, please confirm the specific type of chip you are using.

Sorry this was originally an email to the support team and the second reply was not posted. Here it is.

Hi, we have decided to change our board to the Arduino Nano. We were able to successfully use the Arduino Uno with the example sketch code provided by the Arducam github, but when we connected the Nano, we could not get past the “COM Open!” on the ArduCAM_Host_V2.exe application. The example sketch “ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_OV5642_Plus_Functions” is able to be uploaded successfully. Screenshots are attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Make sure you select the correct development board and successfully upload the example. If ‘COM is open’ can not get pass, try pressing the reset button on the board.