How to control exposure time for Arducam OV7251 camera module

Hello Arducam,

I have ordered several OV7251 NoIR camera modules (U6070-1). I have a question here:

Is there a way to fixate the FPS of the camera so it will be fully controllable?
I mean that I want to control the exposure, and the time between the frames better/know the time between the frames.

Thanks for your support.

Hi,

Arducam release arducam_set_control(camera_instance, V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE,value) API for user to control the exposure.

Is there exposure control in python?

<p>Can I control the FPS?</p><p>If I want 20 FPS, is there a hardware way to get it? (Not by frame dropping at the software level)</p>

Hello, About the exposure control, you can refer to our demo https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/blob/master/RPI/python/preview.py

You can try to reduce the exposure time to increase the frame speed. Arducam has not provide frame speed control API.

Thank you.

If FPS cannot be controlled, is there a good way to set the Exposure (Not in RPI), in mili seconds without a formula?

Thanks

Hi,

At present we have not a whole formula to calculate the exact the exposure time. This task need the sensor local factory’s support.

This API arducam_set_control(camera_instance, V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE,value) just set the number of the line.