How to acess cameras from cammaray hat with RPi?

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    UCTRONICS

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    I bought one Camarray module with four imx219 cameras (B0396) and I replaced the imx219 cameras with an fisheye imx219 camera (B0286), that has a fov of 220°.

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    I tested it with a Jetson Nano, and it worked fine (after some restartings).
    I tested raspistill and I got an error (it couldn’t create the camera).
    Now I want to acess the camera via Raspberry Pi.

How can I get the stream of the cameras? Do I need to install some program or something like that (I thought it is native)?
Best regards,
Konrad

Hi,
I already tested different commands:

raspistill -o ~/Pictures/first_image.jpg ->
mmal: mmal_vc_component_enable: failed to enable component: ENOSPC
mmal: camera component couldn't be enabled
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Failed to run camera app. Please check for firmware updates

sudo ps aux|grep raspi ->
konrad    1373  0.0  0.0   7472   560 pts/0    S+   11:21   0:00 grep --color=auto raspi

sudo vcgencmd get_camera ->
supported=1 detected=1, libcamera interfaces=0

I also checked the ribbon cables, GPU memory, Raspberry Pi and I tested the official imx219 camera, that is working fine, but I couldn’t solve the problem.
Best regards,
Konrad

Hi,
First, you need to burn the latest Bullseye OS. Do not run the command sudo apt upgrade
Please run the command below:

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

add the dtoverlay=imx219 under the [all] at the bottom.

Then reboot your Pi to take effect.

Thank you for your reply. I added it and now I only get the error: “ERROR: the system should be configured for the legacy camera stack”. Do you know what that means and how I can solve it?
Many thanks in advance Konrad

Hi,

Do you use the Pi 3 or Pi zero? If so, please follow the steps below:
command: sudo raspi-config
3. Interface Options
->1. Legacy camera
->disable
Then add camera_auto_detect=0 under the [all] at the bottom like my previous reply.

Hi,
I’m using a RPi 3. I added the command and disabled the camera, but the error stays.
Best regards Konrad

Hi,
What is the OS on your Pi? Buster or Bullseye.

Sorry, that I didn’t answer because I didn’t see that you answered. I don’t have the problem anymore because my Jetson Nano arrived, and it runs without problems. But should I close this topic, or should I try to solve the problem? Because of your question: I installed 32 bit Bullseye with the RPi imager.
Best regards, Konrad

Hi,
Yeah,you can close the topic.