Horizontal and vertical FOV of HQ camera lenses

Could someone tell me the vertical FOV of these 2 lenses on the IR cut camera?

Camera SKU B0270: Arducam High Quality IR-CUT Camera for Raspberry Pi, 12.3MP 1/2.3 Inch IMX477 HQ Camera Module with 6mm CS Lens for Pi 4B, 3B+, 2B, 3A+, Pi Zero and more

Lense 1: https://www.arducam.com/product/arducam-lens-for-raspberry-pi-high-quality-camera-wide-angle-cs-mount-lens-6mm-focal-length-with-manual-focus/

Lense 2: Arducam CS Lens for Raspberry Pi HQ Camera, 120 Degree Ultra Wide Angle CS-Mount Lens, 3.2mm Focal Length with Manual Focus

Thanks in advance!

I don’t have either of these to measure the FOV but from the basic details we can have a good estimate.

Sensor is 4056 x 3040 with 1.55 micron pxels

So active area in full 4x3 format mode is 4056 x 0.0015 = 6.287mm by 3040 x 0.00155 = 4.712mm.

The formula to find vertical FOV is 2 x inverseTAN ((Sensor_Height / 2) / Focal_Length)

So for 6mm lens we have 2x invTAN(4.712 / 2) / 6)

= 42.8 deg

Similarly for the 3.2 mm lens the predicted value is 72.7 degrees.

This is if the lenses have zero distortion. Depending on the lens design there will typically be a small amount of barrel distortion which will give a small increase in the effective FOV.

HTH!

Thanks so much, I was aware of the math but not sure how accurately it would translate to real life with tolerances/mfg errors and all of that. I guess I’ll just wing it off of the math.

Thanks so much!!!