Have I installed the right driver?

Hi!
I followed the steps listed here: 3.2 V4L2 OBISP Driver Installation & Uninstallation - Arducam to download the kernel driver in order to properly use my Arducam with Raspberry Pi 4. But when testing the camera with arducamstill -t 0 i get the following message:
Hardware version: d03114
No match to hardware version!
Error opnenig device.
arducamVideoInit failed.
Unable to set format: Bad file descriptor (9)

Does this have to do with the driver I´m using, or could it be something else?

@RocioCabral

What’s your camera SKU?

uname -a
cat /etc/os-release

Thanks for the reply! This is what I get when running the suggested commands. I´m not sure which one of the displayed numbers corresponds to the SKU.

Linux raspberrypi 5.4.79-v7l+ #4 SMP Thu Dec 10 10:08:29 CST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

PRETTY_NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)”
NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“11”
VERSION=“11 (bullseye)”
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian

@RocioCabral

Your kernel version is too old.
Please upgrade the kernel first.

sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get update

In bullseye you should install the latest libcamera for use.

camera driver:
How to install and build Raspberry Pi Kernel Driver for Arducam Pivariety Camera
Arducam libcamera install:
How to access and program the Pivariety Camera using Command Line, Python, OpenCV, and GStreamer (arducam.com)

Hope this can help you.

When following the steps from the first link, after ./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p kernel_driver I get the following message:
Cannot find the corresponding package, please send the flollowing information to support@arducam
Hardware revision: d03114
Kernel Version: 5.4.79-v71+
Package: kernel_driver – bullseye-v5
You are using an unsupported kernel version, please install the official SD card image (do not execute rpi-update)

I also tried the “You can also follow the step to install the driver by yourself” way and it isn’t working either. Apparently the driver is trying to stat the files arducam.ko and arducam.dbto at bin/5.4.79-v71+ and they don’t exist. But I see files with those same names at bin/5.10.xx-vxx+ (the x’s taking different values)

@RocioCabral

The reason lies in the kernel version, which we don’t support in your version. We support versions from 5.10.x onwards.

I think you can use the command I mentioned before to upgrade the kernel

sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get update

If you are unable to upgrade the kernel, you will need to re-burn a newer version of bullseye.

I upgraded the kernel (now it says 5.15.61-v7l), but when executing install_driver.sh it keeps returning the same message (./bin/5.15.61-v7l+/arducam.ko does not exist). Is it too new now?