Getting working with OpenCV and GStreamer

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?

2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?

3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?

4.Which instruction are you following?

5.Has your product ever worked properly?

6.What problems are you experiencing?
I am trying to get the 12.3MP B0270 to work with OpenCV, via Gstreamer but have not managed to adapt the Arducam demo code to do this. Furthermore, I do not see a window when running the live view demos, although the image and video demos do result in files being saved. I am relatively new to GStreamer, but have spent quite some time trying to adapt the below to no avail.
settings = ā€œnvarguscamerasrc ! sensor_id=(int)0 ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, framerate=(fraction)30/1 ! nvvidconv ! nvoverlaysink ! format = string(BGR)! appsinkā€

cap = cv2.VideoCapture(settings, cv2.cap_GSTREAMER)
Pointers are very welcome.
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?

8.How would you like us to help you?

1 Like

Something buggy going on, causing my other answers have been removed for some reasons.

Ā 

1. Bought from PiHut

2. B0270

3. Jetson Nano

4. Working from Arducam online GStreamer examples

5. It has worked, but I have not yet got it doing what I need.

6. Have done a lot of Googling and headscratching.

7. Guidance on settings to get the camera working in OpenCV on Jetson Nano - we are aiming to incorporate this into a Dash based app so stability is paramount. Also, answers to i) whether the IR cut-off can be disabled and ii) if this camera would work well via the Arducam UVC board and what settings would still be adjustable.

Similar issues here, most tutorials online seem to be working with Raspberry Pi camera v2, but not with Arducam IMX477