getting weired images

I’m trying to take stereo images. when I choose mode 12 i get wrong images like in the attached file.

Mode 11 doesn’t even start. Modes from 7 to 10 work but they don’t have the full FOV.

I am using RPI 4B

What I’m doing wrong?

Any help is appreciatedphoto

Hi,

Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you. Please tell me what the sensor type you are using. It seems the clock speed is too fast and maybe I should help you optimize the sensor configuration.

Thnak you!

I’m using the “standard” 8MP IMX219 Sonsor

Hi,

Thanks for your detail information. I will test it tomorrow.

You can try to increase the value of the 0x0162 register.

You can use the API int arducam_write_sensor_reg(CAMERA_INSTANCE camera_instance, uint16_t address, uint16_t value); to write the register.

Hi,

Have you tested it as I suggested? I am too busy to test it today. Thanks for your patient.

Hi,

No problem if it takes a few days :wink:

Can you give me a little bit more information what exactly i have to do,… I’m not that pro in programming and i don’t want to do anything wrong.

Thanks

Hello,

Sorry to reply you late. I have optimize our code for imx219 mode 11 and 12. Please download our new library and try it again.

Just following the steps to update your lib

sudo rm -R MIPI_Camera

git clone https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera.git

cd MIPI_Camera/RPI

sudo make install

Then retry it again.

Notice, because mipi is a high speed signal, your connection should not be too long, which has a certain influence on the signal

Let me know if you need more help.

Great, now it works!

Other question: How can I manually change the White Balance?

When AWB is disabled any changes like in Link seem to have no effect to the image.

Appreciate the help!

Great, now it works!

Other question: How can I manually change the White Balance?

When AWB is disabled any changes like in Link seem to have no effect to the image.

Appreciate the help!

Hi,

Great to hear it works.

For the awb, due to without official hardware ISP support, arducam now uses general software white balance algorithm and it didn’t work very well. To solved it, we provide a compensation way. After run arducamstill, you can use key board to fine tune the image, but you should enable

the awb, because we will add software compensation on awb.

You can refer to this topic to get more detail information https://www.arducam.com/forums/topic/how-to-fine-tune-the-arducam-mipi-camera-image-quality-manually/