GETTING PTZ CAMERA MODULE TO WORK

I recently purchased a Rasperry Pi PTZ camera module, but I cannot get it to work. As part of getting started, I connected the ribbon cable onto my RPI version 4 module. The basic vcgencmd get_camera returns 0 ( camera not detected ) . The problem is NOT the ribbon cable. Other camera boards work OK, but not my new PTZ module from Arducam.

Does the module need to be powered up via the jumper cables as well as the ribbon cable ?

Please help me get this brand-new Arducam PTZ module to work !

Also … In addition to the above problem, the wiring diagram posted at https://www.arducam.com/docs/cameras-for-raspberry-pi/ptz-camera/hardware/ is wrong !

The actual colours of the jumper cables are different to what is shown on the web page. The actual colours are ;- orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, grey. Also the Vcc supply to ‘servos’ is just shown floating. It does not say what voltage is required.

The specification page does not say what the voltage range for the servos is. It just mentions ‘steppers’, no mention of ‘servos’.

Hello Agribot,

The wiring diagram we released is just to tell tell user specific signal connection relation. The color of Jumper cables are different to what is shown on the web page. So you should just be care the signal instead of the color.

About the vcgencmd get_camera command, you can’t detect the camera. What’s the sensor ID? we have release ov5647 and imx219 camera. In fact the camera is nothing do to with the PTZ controller. You can just connect the camera to the PI’s CSI interface. Then reboot and use vcgencmd get_camera commnd to check it the camera exist. It doesn’t need power up via the jumper cable.

Thank you for replying quickly to my request.

Unfortunately … I , and ever user of your PTZ module will need more clear information about the connections because the information shown on your https://www.arducam.com/docs/cameras-for-raspberry-pi/ptz-camera/hardware/ is wrong and also incomplete.

Please tell us what signal has to be connected to the actual jumpers supplied. What signal has to be connected to what actual colour wire ?

Also, there is zero information about the connections to the servos. Are the connections the standard type as shown on https://www.servocity.com/servo-connector-types ? Please provide information about that.

Finally …Your camera does NOT work when connected to my RPI version 4 (using buster version OS), or my RPI version 3 board. vcgencmd get_camera returns 0 , camera not detected . Another camera module from a competitor works fine, so it is not a connection or RPI board problem.

Unfortunately it seems I will have to return the PTZ module.

Please help. Your module looks interesting, but so far is disappointing.

@Agribot Our engineer will get back to you soon, please be patient we definitely will help you fix your problem.

Hello Agribot,

We have checked our diagram we released and it is normal. I have said to you. The wiring diagram we released is just to tell tell user specific signal connection relation. The color of Jumper cables are different to what is shown on the web page. So you should just be care the signal instead of the color.

Please attach me your hardware connection, I will help you check it in detail.

About the vcgencmd get_camera return 0, if other camera can work normal,but the PTZ. Please contact our salse for replacement.