Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about 8MP IMX219 V2 cameras

Arducam forum moderators will post the frequently asked questions and their answers on this topic. Other topics & comments in this archive might be deleted. We recommend you to read through this topic for an existing solution before you post a new topic.

Q1:

The camera cannot connect to Raspberry Pi 4, the error message is as follows:

> Starting capture -1
> Camera control callback: No data received from the sensor. Check akk connections, including Sunny oneon the camera board. It could be that the camera is defective.

A1:

1. Please check if the camera connection is loose and resit the FPC cable to the connector.
  2. Please run this command, vcgencmd get_camera and check the result.
    If it shows: supported =1, detected =1, it means the camera is detected already.
    Then run the command: raspistill -t 0
    If there is no image shown, contact [email protected] for further help.

Q:

I am trying to use the camera module on the raspberry pi zero. The camera itself does work but when I try to set the focus (via the i2c interface) I only get this error: “write error”. It is fully working on a regular raspberry pi. Is the raspberry pi zero not supported or do I need to install different drivers/files?

I bought two identical camera modules, but with one the focus does not work (even with the regular raspberry pi). I get the same “write error”, but only with one of the modules. Any idea why the focus did stop working or what might have destroyed the focus motor/interface?

A:

The test code was updated recently by our engineer, so the suggested troubleshoot will be:

1. Confirm the cable connection.

2. Find the newest code from the Github: https://github.com/ArduCAM/RaspberryPi

3. Some steps in details:

a. Download the test code

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ git clone

https://github.com/ArduCAM/RaspberryPi.git

b.Insall the python-opencv

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install python-opencv

c.Configure the i2c0

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd RaspberryPi/Motorized_Focus_Camera/

pi@raspberrypi:~/RaspberryPi/Motorized_Focus_Camera $ chmod +x enable_i2c_vc.sh

pi@raspberrypi:~/RaspberryPi/Motorized_Focus_Camera

$ ./enable_i2c_vc.sh

Then click y to reboot