Exposure of AR1820HS

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
UCTRONICS
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
AR1820HS
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Nvidia Xavier NX
4.Which instruction are you following?
https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/blob/master/Jetson/Jetvariety/example/arducam_displayer.py
5.Has your product ever worked properly?
Works not bad but I need settings
6.What problems are you experiencing?
Hi Everyone,

I tried the last version of the driver for the Xavier NX and my AR1820HS, and it’s now working, congratulations Arducam !

But of course I still have a problem… I cannot set properly the exposure, so the picture it very dark. How can I do ? I tested this script :
https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/blob/master/Jetson/Jetvariety/example/arducam_displayer.py

Any idea of how I can fix it ?

I also tried these lines :
cap.set(cv2.CAP_PROP_AUTO_EXPOSURE, 0.25)
cap.set(cv2.CAP_PROP_EXPOSURE, -2)
=> no effect on the result (even inserted after the line “ret, frame = cap.read()”)…

Thanks
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?

8.How would you like us to help you?

• Hi everyone,
Any idea of how I can fix it? I tired to get the raw picture (and then apply some software corrections) with opencv but it seems that I can only get jpeg, is it correct? Did anyone tried the rawPY lib combined with the jetvariety Cameras?

Hi @pelepicier ,

We are very sorry, but there have been some problems in our system recently, which caused us not to see your reply.
Not sure if your problem has been resolved, here is the response to the problem:

Can you try to set the exposure using v4l2-ctl -c exposure=xxx? (xxx is the value you want to set, you can use v4l2-ctl -l to view the value range)

Best Regards,

Hi Wong,

<p style=“text-align: left;”>Thank you for your reply, I tried your solution but it didn’t change anything on the exposure (even with the “sudo” command, and trying many different values of the exposure). Is it possible to set auto exposure?</p>

Hi Wong,

Did you see my answer? Thank you