Driver installation issues

1. Model number of the product(s)?
    64MP autofocus quad camera kit

2. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Pi 4

3. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    Performed the outlined instructions for setting up the 64MP autofocus camera(s).
    i.e. running the bash scripts, installing libcamera-dev and libcamera-apps, and installing the 64mp_pi_hawk_eye_kernel_driver, installing the focus adjustment software, and editing the configuration through /boot/config.txt
    Camarray – Arducam 16MP / 64MP Quad-Camera Bundle Kit - Arducam

4. Problems you were having?
    Driver installation fails.

5. The dmesg log from your hardware?

Notice: There is also no /dev/video0

6. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
    I’ve tried multiple different cameras, Pis, SD cards and I run into errors every time

7. What help do you need?
    I want to know what part of the setup needs fixing so that I can get the camera(s) to work.

@GenericUser

This is because the camera is not connected properly.
Please reboot to connect the camera and send me the connection diagram to see.

Hey Edward,

Here are a couple pictures of my connection as requested.(I’m making 2 posts due to being allowed only 1 media item per post).

Furthermore, I kept troubleshooting and was able to get a black window to appear, but no actual stream.
Also, /dev/video0 now exists and running dmesg | grep arducam now outputs "Device found Arducam 64MP." and "Consider updating driver arducam_64mp to match on endpoints"

here is the second of the two pictures of my connection.

NVM I figured out what the issue was, I had to change it to a single channel instead of the default 4 channels. :slight_smile:

@GenericUser

Switching channels is also a way of thinking. If you want to use 4 channels, make sure that A, B, and C, D each have at least one camera in the group.