Driver for Jetson Xavier

I was very pleased by the IMX219 camera on jetson Nano, and I was able to record videos at 120FPS with the following pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 -e nvarguscamerasrc ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=1280, height=720, format=(string)I420, framerate=120/1’ !
nvvidconv flip-method=2 ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)I420’ ! omxh264enc bitrate=8000000
! ‘video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)byte-stream’ ! filesink location=test.h264 -e

However, my application requires more computing power, and I am looking to connect the camera to a Jetson Xavier.

Is there a driver for Jetson Xavier, and in that case, is there a recommended carrier board?

Many thanks in advance

Hello, Arducam IMX477 camera module works both with the Jetson Nano and the Jetson Xavier NX, and actually the driver for Xavier NX is in the same GitHub Repository as the Nano’s: https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/tree/master/Jetson/IMX477/driver

As for the carrier board, we have less to say since we are more specialized in the camera module part, and hope some other users in this forum can give you better suggestions.

Hi,

I am working with the same camera as pthomet (IMX219, B0183) with a Xavier NX.
It is working with a g-streamer pipeline, but it’s not possible to open it in VLC player. Do you have an explanation for it? Is the default v4l2 driver enough to work with it?

Another question: is it possible to manipulate the parameters like gain or exposure (or e.g. turn off the auto exposure) with the Xavier NX on the IM219 Board or do I have to work with a OBISP Cameraboard instead?

Best,
Henry

Hi @henryfan ,

The V4l2 driver of IMX219 is officially provided by Nvidia. This driver only supports bayer format and vlc does not support such formats.

imx219 supports Jetson’s ISP (gstreamer pipeline). If you want to adjust some parameters, you can adjust it through isp. For details, please see: NVIDIA_Jetson_ISP_Control

Hi together,

I have a Shirt question:

how can I get the raw10 data from the camera sensor imx219? Is it possible using the gatreamer Pipeline?

Best,

tester

Hi @tester_cam ,

As far as I know, there is no related gstreamer component that can read RAW10, and opencv does not support RAW10, so you can only write your own program to read RAW data.

Here is a reference example:
https://gist.github.com/maxlapshin/1253534