Delay on OV9281

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
UCTRONICS
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
https://www.arducam.com/product/arducam-ov9281-mipi-1mp-monochrome-global-shutter-ir-camera-module-for-jetson-nano/
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Jetson Nano Development Kit
4.Which instruction are you following?

5.Has your product ever worked properly?

6.What problems are you experiencing?
Hello,

I am trying to publish camera images over a ROS topic on Jetson Nano (with OV9281 global shutter camera). The total frame read and publish/conversion times are about 15ms. The frame format is 640x400@20fps in gray mode. The software publishes over the camera topic at about 20Hz without any problems.

However, there is a time delay between the captured image and the real movements when I check the frames via rqt_image_view.

How can I reduce the delay? What can be the problem?

Note: Opencv + v4l2 api is used to capture the images.

Best regards,

Mert Turanli

7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?

8.How would you like us to help you?
How can I reduce the delay between the motion and captured image?

Hello,

I managed to solve the issue by increasing the frame rate and giving hardware trigger signal from FSIN pin.

However, after a number of frames, the camera stops and I get the following error:

[ WARN:0] VIDEOIO(V4L2:/dev/video0): select() timeout.

Note: The hardware trigger signal is 3.3V, with 10ms period and 10us pulse (like the one mentioned here: https://www.arducam.com/docs/camera-for-jetson-nano/mipi-camera-modules-for-jetson-nano/external-trigger-camera-application-note/). Also, I used a BC547 with 3.3 kOhms base resistor connected to jetson nano. The collector is wired to 3.3V with a 330 ohms. The ground is connected to emitter. The output signal was pulse with 3.3V peak which I checked with an oscilloscope.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards.

I am also experiencing similar issues with this camera. I’d love to know if you get anywhere with this issue.