Cant get it to work

I got three B0240 cameras, that I am planning to plug on a raspberry pi zero, and on a Jetson Xavier, and I am having trouble with both platforms.

On the raspberry pi side, I get the following error:

$ raspistill -o Test.jpg

mmal: mmal_vc_component_enable: failed to enable component: ENOSPC

mmal: camera component couldn’t be enabled

mmal: main: Failed to create camera component

mmal: Failed to run camera app. Please check for firmware updates

It isn’t the gpu memory size, I increased it to 150, and apparently the rasp recognizes the camera

$ vcgencmd get_camera

supported=1 detected=1

Using the examples on the git, I get the following error

./video2stdout | nc -l -p 5000

Open camera…

sh: 1: gpio: not found

sh: 1: i2cdetect: not found

Found sensor imx477 at address 1A

Setting the resolution…

mmal: Failed to fix lens shading, use the default mode!

Current resolution is 4056x3040

Notice:You can use the list_format sample program to see the resolution and control supported by the camera.

Start video encoding…

Failed to start video encoding, probably due to resolution greater than 1920x1080 or video_state setting error.

and when I list the modes:

$ ./list_format

Hardware platform: 9000c1

mode: 0, width: 4056, height: 3040, pixelformat: BA81, desc: (null)

mode: 1, width: 8112, height: 3040, pixelformat: BA81, desc: Used for Arducam synchronized stereo camera HAT

Get ctrl V4L2_CID_FOCUS_ABSOLUTE fail.

index: 0, CID: 0x009A090A, desc: V4L2_CID_FOCUS_ABSOLUTE, min: 0, max: 1023, default: 190, current: 0

close camera status = 0

On the Xavier, I try to install the driver but I get the following error:

sudo dpkg -i arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel_4.9.140-32.4.3-20200721164156_arm64_imx477.deb

Selecting previously unselected package arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel.

(Reading database … 160610 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel_4.9.140-32.4.3-20200721164156_arm64_imx477.deb …

Unpacking arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel (4.9.140-32.4.3-20200721164156) …

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel:

arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel depends on nvidia-l4t-kernel (= 4.9.140-tegra-32.4.3-20200625213407); however:

Version of nvidia-l4t-kernel on system is 4.9.140-tegra-32.4.4-20201016123640.

dpkg: error processing package arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel (–install):

dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Errors were encountered while processing:

arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel

Dows anybody have ever had these problems?

CORRECTION: B0249

UPDATE:

I download the previous version of the image file on the Jetson Xavier page and it worked

Just the raspberry to go!

Hello,

On raspberrypi platform, please try to update wiringpi library using the following command

cd /tmp
wget https://project-downloads.drogon.net/wiringpi-latest.deb
sudo dpkg -i wiringpi-latest.deb

Hi, I updated the library and the errors continue, the only difference is that the gpio message won’t show up

pi@raspberrypi:~/MIPI_Camera/RPI $ ./video2stdout | nc -l -p 5000

Open camera…

Setting the resolution…

mmal: Failed to fix lens shading, use the default mode!

Current resolution is 4056x3040

Notice:You can use the list_format sample program to see the resolution and control supported by the camera.

Start video encoding…

Failed to start video encoding, probably due to resolution greater than 1920x1080 or video_state setting error.

^C

pi@raspberrypi:~/MIPI_Camera/RPI $ ./list_format

mode: 0, width: 4056, height: 3040, pixelformat: BA81, desc: (null)

mode: 1, width: 8112, height: 3040, pixelformat: BA81, desc: Used for Arducam synchronized stereo camera HAT

Get ctrl V4L2_CID_FOCUS_ABSOLUTE fail.

index: 0, CID: 0x009A090A, desc: V4L2_CID_FOCUS_ABSOLUTE, min: 0, max: 1023, default: 190, current: 0

close camera status = 0

Hello,

video2stdout just supports 1080p or below resolution, which is limited by pi hardware encoder.

You can use our arducamstill -t 0 to test the camera firstly to check if the camera is normal.

It is working with ./arducamstill -t 0

there is a way to transmit it via ethernet via Gstreamer without the video2stdout?

Hello,

The image we previewed by arducamstill is YUV420 format, with a large of image data. When using gstreamer to push the stream, we need to use H264 encoding to compress the image data and output it. This is what the video2stdout does. But due to the limitation of the hardware H264 encoder, it just support 1080p or below. Except video2stdout demo, we don’t have other demo for gstreamer

Hello,

I have purchased a B0174 (imx298 sensor) 16MP and I have a similar issue with video and I was not able to record video with resolution higher than 1920x1080.

Still I am using a Pi4! Would you say there is the same limitation in h264 encoder?

I hope not as specs on arducam webpage says imx298 should work with a Pi4 and video up to 16MP (7fps) should be possible…

https://www.arducam.com/product/16mp-imx298-color-mipi-camera-module-raspberry-pi/

any suggestions?

Hello,

Imx298 Raw10 2Lane 4656x3496 configuration preview on raspberry pie can reach 6-7 FPS.However, for the H264 hardware encoding of PI, only 1080p @30fPS or lower can be encoded. This is related to the interface capability of the hardware encoder.

Thanks, for your reply.

May you provide an example of how to take a video in the raw mode?

Hello,

We can’t record a video using raw format. For RPI. The hardware ISP supports h264 encode.

Without encode, we can’t save it with a video format. Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks for your reply.

If you confirm there is no way to get videos of resolution higher than 1080@30fps out of this camera module with a Raspi4, I suggest your ad should be updated and this limitation specified.

Actually I would have a question:-),

is there a way to stream the preview (so high resolution) through ssh or equivalent and encode the stream on another machine?

Many thanks

Giulio

Oiluig, that is precisely what I was trying to do with the imx477 sensor, transmit the video data uncompressed in my network and compress it on a more powerful computer. I didn’t find any solution for this issue so far, if anybody have a solution for this it would be highly appreciated.

Hi,

If so, you can receive raw image and then transfer the image data through internet.

So there is no native support to stream over network from the high res sensors h.265 or h.264 via gstreamer or ffmpeg on Pi 4 setup?

Sorry to reply to you so late, there is a problem with our forum service system, it has been fixed now, has your problem been solved? Please feel free to let me know if you need more help.

it was very useful to me, thank you

Jonat, developer