Cable Extension Kit for RPi Camera Modules

Hi, I purchased cable extension kit for rpi camera.

Cable Extension Kit for RPi Camera Modules V1/V2/HQ/Arducam Series - Arducam

Tried it and its working good for raspberry pi camera module v1, and v2.

But when come to raspberry pi camera module v3, it seems like not working good.

Anyone faced this before.

FYI, my raspberry pi os is 5.15.84-v8+

@waikeat23

Is the network cable you use sent by us or extra by yourself? If it is extra by yourself, how many meters is it?

I tried with network cable provided and also test on our own network cable (6M), both result is the same.

@waikeat23
Dear waikeat23,
As you can see here
Cable Extension Kit for RPi Camera Modules V1/V2/HQ/Arducam Series - Arducam

The cable extension kit you bought is support for V1/V2/HQ instead of camera module v3.
We have released the kit before the cm3 released. so it exist some compatible issue if using CM3.
For the old version board,if you enable the hdr function, such as libcamera-still -t 0 --hdr 1 command.
it seems work normal.
What’s more, recently, we have updated the firmware to compatible with the CM3(camera modules 3). Please contact our sales([email protected]) for the latest information.
Feel free to let me know if you need more help.

Ahh, cause I see it do support Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 in the description there.

What do you means by old version board, refer to raspberry pi board or camera board?

Regards the new firmware, how do I get it? need to install manually or the firmware already have inside latest raspberry pi os 6.1 released during May.

@waikeat23

Oh, sorry for our description mislead you. The description is used for latest firmware of the cable extension kit. Now we have two way for you to solve it. The first way is that you need to send your cable extension to us and we will help you update the firmware. The second way is to buy our latest version.
Feel free to let me know if you need more help.

Ahhh, i thought firmware update on raspberry pi board. Ok got it…

It it possible to update the firmware on our own? any guidelines? As I am actually from Malaysia, i would take times if want to send it back or purchase a new one.

But still can you provide me delivery address, i will still consider to send the hardware back to China if possible.

Thanks

@waikeat23
Terrible sorry to tell you that you can’t update it by yourself. About delivery address, please contact our [email protected] for details.
What’s more, maybe our sales can give you a faster shipping method.
Feek free to let me know if you need more help.