B0205 not switching ir filter

Hi,

I just got the B0205 (https://www.arducam.com/product/b0205-arducam-1080p-day-night-vision-usb-camera-module-for-computer-2mp-automatic-ir-cut-switching-all-day-image-usb2-0-webcam-board-with-ir-leds/) but it is not switching between night mode and day mode.

It switched once, initially and then stopped. Attached is the current picture when it’s in a dark room.

Is it possible to switch the IR filter manually from linux(ubuntu)?

Hello,

This version does not support switch the IR filter manually. It will detect the light intensity and control the IR filter automatically.

I’m sure you’ve figured this out or done something different at this point, but I just wanted to say that I was running into the same issue and figured out a workaround.

It seems that taking multiple individual pictures with the B0205 disrupts the IR filter and makes it inactive for some reason. However, if you are viewing the camera as a video, it functions as expected.

You can use this, along with ffmpeg and v4l2 loopback to create a virtual camera output with something like

ffmpeg -re -i /dev/video0 -f v4l2 /dev/video2

which will make the camera think it’s always running (and therefore use the IR filter correctly), while you’re still free to take pictures as you like.

Thanks, turns out that the light sensor which switches the IR filter on and off is a bit too sensitive. I had the camera recording a 3d printer, which has a blue lcd screen. The sheen of the screen caused the sensor to think it’s day, even though it’s not very bright.

Thanks for the tip though!

Oh, that makes sense I guess. Glad you got it figured out either way!

Hello,
I bought three modules and the IR-cut function is not working, independent on what PC / USB port or software I use. I can not send back the cameras and I do not get feedback from support :frowning:
Does anybody know a workaround? I see the power cables of the tiny linear drive coming out of the CCD housing, but I do not know how the drive is controlled. That is if there is an integrated limit switch or if do I need a time pulse. For the raspberry module there is the possiblity to just give an I/O signal from GPIO but I suppose there is a control inbetween.
I would be thankful for any help/suggestions.

Kind Regards
Wolfgang

In fact it works with video stream but not when I want to capture a single frame. I will use the workaraound from SlugPlant