autofocus not working with jetson Xavier

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?

2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?

3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?

4.Which instruction are you following?

5.Has your product ever worked properly?

6.What problems are you experiencing?
hi, I bought the camera through amazon. it was Arducam 8MP IMX219 Auto Focus Camera.

I am using it on my jetson xaviour. I followed the github repo for the autofocous python script and it just opened a windows took a image and got stuck.

Moreover the camera feed when not using auto focous works fine but has permanent white spots on it.

how can i remove the white spots and make the auto focous work properly?

7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?

8.How would you like us to help you?

Hi @hamza

The autofocus script should work properly, have you specified the correct i2c bus?

Can you please guide my how can i do that and moreover what about the white dots in the camera feed

Hi @hamza

This is the instructions for use:

https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/tree/master/Jetson/IMX219

Regarding the white dots, can you provide relevant pictures?

hi ,

they only occur while viewing the camera live and go away in the images.

i guess they have to be processed first

Hi @hamza

Does the autofocus script work now?

Hi, the auto focus works only when I run the command and some time it never works.

I have to deploy it to a location where it should keep autofocus to certain area in the image at all times

I don’t know how it will work.

Moreover how can I change the exposure setting.

I have to decrease motion blur from my images. Their is guidelines what so ever for doing so.

Would really appreciate of you can guide me through

Hi @hamza

The autofocus script uses software to implement the autofocus algorithm, so you need to run the autofocus script when you need to focus, or you can embed the autofocus algorithm into your program (it is open source)

In this post, how to set the exposure/gain of Jetson ISP is discussed:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/setting-manual-exposure-and-list-of-available-options-for-nvarguscamerasrc/74215/3