Auto Exposure on Camarray

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
UCTRONICS
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
https://www.arducam.com/product/arducam-1mp4-quadrascopic-camera-bundle-kit-for-raspberry-pi-nvidia-jetson-nano-xavier-nx-four-ov9782-global-shutter-color-camera-modules-and-camarray-camera-hat-b0331/
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Jetson Nano
4.Which instruction are you following?
Online documentation
5.Has your product ever worked properly?
It works
6.What problems are you experiencing?
I am wanting to use the camera to capture data whilst transitioning from an inside to an outside environment. When I set the exposure such that I can get a clear view when inside, the exposure is far too high to be able to capture anything when I move outside (completely white screen). The same issue occurs if I increase the exposure manually when outside - when I return inside the exposure is far too low so I get a completely black image.

Is there any way to use autoexposure with these cameras? I have attempted to use the function cap.set(cv2.CAP_PROP_AUTO_EXPOSURE,1) however this just gives me VIDEOIO ERROR: V4L2: property auto_exposure is not supported.
7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?
cap.set(cv2.CAP_PROP_AUTO_EXPOSURE,1)
8.How would you like us to help you?

Hi @jamesheaton

Unfortunately, this camera does not have ISP support, so it does not provide automatic exposure.

@wong this is fine. I am looking to do some sort of auto exposure solution in software. Could you please let me know what the units of the exposure values are please?

When I run v4l2-ctl --list-ctls I see that exposure has a minimum value of 0, and a max value of 65535. What are the units of this? I am guessing microseconds but can you confirm this please.

Hi @jamesheaton

In fact, the unit of exposure control here is “one line”. Here are some references to help you understand:
https://picamera.readthedocs.io/en/release-1.13/fov.html#exposure-time