Arducam UC-625 8MP Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit and Pi 4B issue

Dear Supporter,

I received the package for the device “Arducam UC-625 8MP Synchronized Stereo Camera Bundle Kit”.
I did setup the new device on the raspberry Pi 4B board follow the guideline:
https://arducam.com/downloads/modules/RaspberryPi_camera/Synchronized_Stereo_Camera_HAT_DS.pdf

All steps to install the device has been completed and verified.

However, I’m facing an issue for the Pi 4B can’t detect the camera (on Arducam Kit). Below are some my actions and result:

1. I run the command “pi@raspberrypi:~/MIPI_Camera/RPI $ ./list_format” and the result:
    Hardware platform: c03112
    init camera status = 4100

2. I run the next command “raspistill -t 0 -p 800,100,1024,768” and the result:
    mmal: Cannot read camera info, keeping the defaults for OV5647
    mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component ‘vc.ril.camera’ (1:ENOMEM)
    mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component ‘vc.ril.camera’ (1)
    mmal: Failed to create camera component
    mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
    mmal: Camera is not detected. Please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly

3. I run the command “./camera_i2c” and the result:
    setting GPIO for board revsion: c03112
    Raspberry Pi3B / Pi3B+ / 3A / 4B(1G/2G/4G)
    Set state of 133 to 1
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
    00: – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    10: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    20: – – – – 24 – – – – – – – – – – –
    30: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    40: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    50: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    60: – – – – 64 – – – – – – – – – – –
    70: – – – – – – – –

4. Verify the setup once again: unplug the connected cables and reconnect again, using another cable (there 2 cables inside the package with same type) => Not Working

5. Verify that the camera is enabled on Pi 4B and follow steps to enable i2c_vc (https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/tree/master/RPI)

6. Try to test with a Pi camera V2 (which is bought with Pi 4B), this camera is working normal. That presents that the camera port on Pi 4B is working normal. The root cause is maybe from the Arducam Bundle Kit.

Please support me to have any instruction to solve this issue.

Hello,

Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you.

The system does detected the sensor ID 0x10, please reconnect all the ribbon cable and sensor connector.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks for your support,

I unplug and plug to reconnect all the ribbon cable and sensor connector.
However, the result is on the same before.

setting GPIO for board revsion: c03112
Raspberry Pi3B / Pi3B+ / 3A / 4B(1G/2G/4G)
Set state of 133 to 1
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: — — — — — — — — — — — — —
10: — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
20: — — — — 24 — — — — — — — — — — —
30: — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
40: — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
50: — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
60: — — — — 64 — — — — — — — — — — —
70: — — — — — — — —

Do you have any another suggestion to solve?

Thanks,

Another question, Do we need to install any special software on Raspberry Pi 4 to support detect Arducam Kit?

Thanks,

Hello Bin,

After unplug and plug to reconnect all cables are still not working.

I tried to connect the Arducam board with a single Pi camera to test as the picture below:

The Pi 4 can detect this camera (camera_detected = 1) after I ran the command “vcgencmd get_camera”

And that is the result after I run the command “pi@raspberrypi4:~/MIPI_Camera/RPI/utils $ ./camera_i2c”

I don’t know why the Arducam board can detect the single Pi camera while the dual cameras board is not working.

Do you have any ideas about that behavior? Do you think that the dual cameras board exists any errors?

Thanks,

Hello,

The issue is move on the dual cameras board. It seems the dual cmaeras board or the ribbon cable interface is defective. Let’s check it in detail

Step1: Please remove one sensor from the dual camera board. Then connect the dual camera board to the stereo hat to check if you can detect the 0x10 address. Maybe the two camera i2c bus exist issue.

Step2: If possible, please change another white ribbon cable to check if the ribbon cable is defective.