Arducam Mini 5 MP Plus OV5642 with STM32F746ZGT6

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Robotshop

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    5 MP Plus OV5642

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    STM32F746ZG Nucleo Board

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    Arducam Chip - Arducam
    Understanding the SPI Bus timing on Arducam mini camera - Arducam
    https://arducam.com/downloads/shields/ArduCAM_Mini_5MP_Plus_OV5642_Camera_Module_Hardware_Application_Note.pdf

• Started SPI and I2C (Using HAL library)
  • Checked if ArduCamp SPI bus is OK (written command 0x80 with data 0x55 and then read it, received same values, i get SPI is ready)
  • Checked if the camera module type is OV5642 (Read register 0x300A and it is 0x56, read register 0x300B and it is 0x42)
  • Set format to JPEG
  • Configured JPEG capture and image size.
  • Wrote register 0x03 bit[1] = 1 for VSYNC active low (also tried with value high)
  • Cleared fifo flag
  • Write register 0x01 to take a single photo (value read and the wrote at command 0x83 the value (read value & 0xFC) to set the camera to take a single picture)
  • Flushed fifo and cleared fifo flag
  • Wrote command 0x04 bit[1] = 1 to “start capture”
  • Waited for register 0x41 bit[3]: “camera capture done flag” to be up

I have modified provided example for STM32F103 at GitHub - ArduCAM/STM32 to use SPI and I2C with HAL libraries

1. Problems you were having?
    ARDUCHIP_TRIG(0x41) is never set to CAP_DONE_MASK(0x08) after start capture… rather it is always 0x01…
    condition i am using to evaluate this…
    while(1)
    {
    uint8_t arduchip_trig = read_reg(ARDUCHIP_TRIG);
    if ((arduchip_trig & CAP_DONE_MASK) == CAP_DONE_MASK)
    {
    printf(“Capture successful.\r\n”);
    break;
    }
    }

2. The dmesg log from your hardware?
    Testing Camera
    SPI is ready
    ACK CMD OV5462 detected
    ACK CMD switch to OV6542_640x480
    ACK CMD CAM start single shoot

3. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
    all write and read functions are proofread by logic analyzer… it is working fine…

4. What help do you need?
    Could you please help with probable causes why register 0x41 Bit 3 is never set and what i may be doing wrong with above steps…

Thanks.

Hello @ljp could you please help with this

Hi,
We offer projects developed on the 103 platform and have not developed projects on the 107 platform. You can refer to the link below:
https://github.com/ArduCAM/STM32/tree/master/STM3

Hello Dion…

Thank you for your reply… however, the provided link is broken and does not exist on github.,
Does the implementations of the logic change depending on the target stm32 platform? For me, it is mandatory to use STM32F7 board… could you please help with further course of action based on the steps that i have followed.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry for the mistake. You can refer to the link below:

I am also doing research on this subject, but unfortunately I still haven’t come to a conclusion. Is there anyone who can help?