ArduCAM Driver not working for UVC cameras

Following these instructions, I downloaded the driver version arducam-nvidia-l4t-kernel_4.9.140-32.4.2-20200520093606_arm64.deb. The installation was fine, but I am unable to recognize UVC cameras after using this driver. Am I constrained to using only MIPI CSI cameras with this driver?

Output of “cat /etc/nv_tegra_release”

R32 (release), REVISION: 4.2, GCID: 20074772, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Thu Apr 9 01:22:12 UTC 2020

Output of “uname -a”

Linux desktop 4.9.140-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 8 18:10:49 PDT 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Hi @warpstar22 ,

What is the hardware model you have?

The use of this driver requires the Arducam Jetson Nano adapter board.

Hi @wong,

This is weird, but my UVC cameras are recognized now. I am using the adapter board. My cameras are UC-621 Rev.B and UC-599 using the adapter board UC-677 Rev.C. Maybe something went wrong with my installation last week.

Two questions though:

1. Does this driver not allow other MIPI CSI cameras? I don’t see my other MIPI CSI camera recognized when the driver is installed.

2. What would be the pipeline for the ArduCAM cameras? With the other MIPI CSI cameras I was using the following for basic captures:
    gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=X, height=Y, framerate=F/1, format=NV12 ! nvvidconv ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink -e

I use a modified version of that for OpenCV code and I’m not sure how to translate it for these cameras. It seems like I can’t use Nvidia’s hardware accelerated pipelines with these cameras. Is that true?

I have the same issue with regards to the use of the ArduCam driver not allowing other MIPI CSI-2 cameras to work. Specifically, I am using the Arducam 2MP OV2311 Global Shutter NoIR camera, which works with the demo scripts provided, but other cameras (IMX219 based) are not detected when the ArduCam driver is in use. I am using the Jetson Nano Dev board B01, with the 4.9.140-32.4.2 driver corresponding to my kernel version and L4T version.

Yes, ArduCam driver is not compatible with other MIPI Cameras, please uninstall ArduCam driver if you want to use the official camera.

For questions about gstreamer, please refer to: https://github.com/ArduCAM/MIPI_Camera/issues/44#issuecomment-637201196