Arducam B0201 - IMX291 auto exposure in low light

Hi,

I have just bought this camera. It seems like the auto exposure range is limited to maintain high fps out. In low light, I have to manually increase the exposure. Some other manufacturers expose a “low light compensation” setting in UVC controls so auto exposure can increase up to 1-2fps. Can this feature be enabled on this camera?

Thanks.

Hello,

It should be supported. I have consulted the original factory about how to open it, waiting for my news.

Excellent thank you. I can flash, compile code etc. whatever is necessary to get this feature. Thanks.

Hi,

I have ensured from the original factory and the firmware has opened the

low light compensation function.

Can you attach me the image you get ?

Sure, see attached. Camera was bought from Scorpion Vision UK last week. Thanks.arducam imx291 uvc controls

Screenshots and photo of device attached. Thanks.uvc exposed controls.

Hi,

Thanks for your detail pictures, I have copied it to the original factory.

Wait my news please.

Hi,

Any news? Should I be looking to return the item?

Thanks.

Hello,

I have not received a reply from the original factory so far. Sorry for wasting you so long. If it really cannot meet your needs, you can return the item.

I would like to wait. Please continue to pursue the factory for a response. Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your patient. The factory has give me a response. It need to update firmware to support low light compensation. We are waiting the new firmware.

Hi,

Any update on this? I’m eager to finish the project.

Thanks.

Hello,

The factory tell us the sensor is low light, and the low light compensation function has no effect.