Thanks, Alan. But I worked on it further late last night, and I finally got it fixed (so far, at least). I just ran a 60-second test with my scripts, and the picture looks great, just as it should. Focus is working again, gain/ev adjustments are working, picture is rotated properly, and ROI portion of screen is correct again. All of these options were failing just last evening.
I’m not certain of the EXACT fix step, but here’s what I ended up doing last night:
- I noticed that the public key for some github repositories were expired and failing when I tried to do my normal “apt update” commands. I ignored these earlier, but now with the camera issues, I decided to investigate those further. I was getting messages similar to this below.
These are NOT my actual messages, but some other users posted similar – I didn’t keep a copy of my actual error messages, but they were very similar, with phrases like “NO_PUBKEY” and “repository is not updated.” I should have been more astute, but I wasn’t:
Err https://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease
The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 23F3D4EA75716059
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://cli.github.com/packages stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 23F3D4EA75716059
W: Failed to fetch https://cli.github.com/packages/dists/stable/InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 23F3D4EA75716059
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Upon researching, I learned that I need to reinstall new github certificates. So, I performed that step. Here’s a quick link to the exact steps I took for that:
debian - “The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 23F3D4EA75716059” - Super User
After that, I re-ran my normal “apt update” and “apt full-upgrade” commands.
Next, I reinstalled the Arducam 64mp driver, per this instruction from Arducam’s site:
How To Use Arducam 64MP Camera On Rapberry Pi - Arducam
Specifically, this is the driver install:
./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p 64mp_pi_hawk_eye_kernel_driver
I checked the content of /boot/overlays after this step, and oddly enough, the “arducam_64mp.dtbo” file it added was identical to my OLD driver (I had saved a copy). It had reverted to an “October 31” dated file. Yesterday, during my attempts to fix this, I had somehow installed a newer dtbo file, the one named “arducam-64mp.dtbo”. But now, that file is gone…and good riddance!
- After that, I re-installed the Arducam versions of libcamera-dev and libcamera-apps:
./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p libcamera_dev
./install_pivariety_pkgs.sh -p libcamera_apps
- I then rebooted, and everything seemed to come up properly, including the creation of /dev/v4l-subdev1 (which controls the focus motor).
I was working on this remotely, and the room was too dark to test my video last night, so I finally ran test videos this morning, and they look good again. I’ll keep a close eye on it, but so far, it seems to be back to normal.