Adapter for M16 to C-mount?

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)? PiHut (UK)

2. Model number of the product(s)?IMX462

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?Pi4

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)Pivariety IMX462 2MP Low Light Camera Module - Arducam

5. Problems you were having? No problems with installation or operation

6. The dmesg log from your hardware? n/a

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made? Google searches

8. What help do you need? Trying to source an M16 to C-mount adapter to allow C-mount lenses to be used with IMX462 module.
    Just wondering if anyone knows of a supplier. I found a Pixco M12 to C-mount but not an M16 version.
    Thanks

Just an update for anyone else looking for an adapter like this…

No luck so far in finding one, but have found a CS mount that will hopefully replace the existing M16 mount on the board.
It uses the 20mm spaced mounting fixtures to allow it to be screwed to the board. Available from fulekan on AliExpress.

Will update again after it arrives to confirm it’s suitability.

I’m sorry you didn’t get any response here,
At present, our support team does not know much about lens-related parameters. Generally, you can send an email to [email protected] to ask for lens-related information.

No worries, I wasn’t really looking for help from the support team, rather I was hoping that maybe some other end-users had tinkered with C/CS mount lenses and had used a suitable adapter.

My goal is to be able to use some fairly long focal length lenses - much longer than the typically available 4/6/8mm M16 ones - to get a narrow field of view for long distance use.

I’m quite hopeful that the replacement lens mount I’ve found will be suitable and will allow C/CS lenses to be used with the 462 board.

For anyone looking for something similar…
I’ve finally received the replacement lens mount from Fulekan/AliExpress.

I’m happy to say it works perfectly. I simply unscrewed the 2 small self-tapping screws that hold the M16 lens holder onto the UC-755 sensor board , and fitted the new CS mount holder, complete with its own IR-cut filter to the board using the supplied small set screws. Added a 5mm thick CS to C-mount adapter and now am working with a 25mm C mount lens on the IMX462 board.

Hi, apologies for a late message but I’m having trouble finding the adapter you describe in this post, I have a similar requirement and I’m wondering if the one you got is no longer listed or if I can’t find it for some other reason. I’m not familiar with lens mounting systems, would this one work for this use case? https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832697247207.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt
Thank you!

Hi,
Unfortunately your link doesn’t work for me.
I’m also having difficulty finding the mount I mentioned in the post, but since then I have replaced it by a switchable version as per

This Item

The key is to get a mount with the 20mm spacing between the fixing holes.
Worth noting that for both the original fixed, and the more recent switchable version the depth from the CS mount flange face to the sensor on the board is a bit less then the ideal 12.5mm needed for a true CS mount so a spacer/washer between the lens and mount can help set the best focus.

Edit. Had another search for the original fixed mount that was mentioned above and eventually found a link to a similar item.
See this one