64MP cam supported?

1. Where did you get the camera module(s)?
    Kickstarter

2. Model number of the product(s)?
    64MP

3. What hardware/platform were you working on?
    Jetson Nano L4T R32.7.1

4. Instructions you have followed. (link/manual/etc.)
    Arducam site docs “Use on Jetson Nano”

5. Problems you were having?
    64MP not recognized

6. The dmesg log from your hardware?
    ls /dev/video0
    ls: cannot access ‘/dev/video0’: No such file or directory

7. Troubleshooting attempts you’ve made?
    Reinsert cable

8. What help do you need?
    Please confirm if 64MP works with latest L4T and driver on the Jetson Nano

hi, @Loot

Unfortunately, the Jetson platform does not currently support 64mp cameras.

We have plans to support the Jetson platform in the future.

Hi yang,

Could you please confirm if it still does not support 64 MP cameras now ?

Regards,
Mehvish

Hi,
Sorry, we have not made compatibility so far.

Could you share details about the sensor, in order to implement the driver? I would not mind working into it at some point.

@davidsas

In fact, I have also tried to adapt the 64MP camera on Jetson recently, but there are still many problems with the maximum resolution, which is related to Jetson itself.

If you want to know the module information and related manuals, you can try to contact [email protected].

Thank you Edward. Can you share more info of your advance here, or we better move this conversation to email? thanks!

@davidsas

I can share the conclusion.

Hardward and system:

• Model: NVIDIA Orin NX Developer Kit
  • L4T: 32.6.1
  • Jetpack: 4.6

At maximum resolution:(9248x6944)
v4l2 error:

GStreamer error:

Everything works fine in other resolutions.
At present, it is indeed caused by jetson’s own limitations.

Thank you. Why do you say you are sure it is jetson limitation? can you share more about how did you end up with that conclusion? Thank you very much!

@davidsas

Sure
At present, we are also communicating with Nvidia Jetson officials to see if there is any way to cross this limit.

Hi Edward!

We’re very interested in this as well, even if we only do the binned mode (16MP, 4624x3472). Any progress on this?

@Jordel

If you want to use 16mp, imx519 also meets this resolution.

We won’t release a half-finished driver.

Currently we are still in communication with nvidia.

That’s unfortunate, since the pixel binning of the 64 MP sensor has benefits over the native 16 MP sensor that Arducam sells.

Thanks.

@Jordel

It’s kind of weird to only use 16mp on a 64mp camera.

If you have such a need, you can contact [email protected], because I can’t release a semi-finished driver casually.

@Edward
It’s very common to use binning. SONY for example does it frequently. Most recently their A7SIII camera uses a 48MP sensor, binned to 12MP. The full 48MP is never exposed to the user.

I understand that you can’t release a driver that is considered incomplete. If it’s possible for my use case to have it emailed to me, I would appreciate that. If that means contacting sales, I’ll do so. Thank you.

@Edward Thank you very much for the information. I will keep watching this thread in case more information appears about it.

What @Jordel said is indeed very interesting. Based on your current work over that camera, how possible do you see to do that?

Also, how flexible is the access do we have from the Jetson to that camera? For instance, are we able to request just a part of the sensor, so we can play with digital zoom without loosing resolution? All of those features would be really interesting on such camera. I would be willing to put time on making this work, in case it is interesting for anyone.

Thanks!

@davidsas

Using 64mp on jetson, currently I’m evaluating, I need more quizzes.

It is completely possible to use 48MP resolution with 64mp modules, but as I said before, I personally do not have permission to release an incomplete driver (for our development point of view, supporting all resolutions is a complete driver). If you want such a driver, you need to contact [email protected].

Currently, mod information is not publicly available.
If you are interested in developing him, you can explain it in the email.

Thank you very much, I will contact sales just in case. Thanks!

NVIDIA seems to say on this page: What is the maximum resolution supported on the Jetson - #5 by lee.jackson - Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums that they tested acquisitions up to 12000x9000 on AGX Xavier.
Any chance the 64MP might work ?

@Yvo

I’ve made some progress on my latest project, 64MP is already working, and even the 200MP has passed the preliminary stage.

However, please note that these are all customized projects at this time. If you’re interested in learning more, please Fill out the form to connect with our team of professionals…