12MP PTZ Camera i2c error

1.Which seller did you purchase the product(s) from?
vtec.co.kr
2.The Model number of the product(s) you have purchased?
BAK5367CXXX1410 / http://vctec.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=17780&cate_no=145
3.Which Platform are you using the product(s) on?
Rasberry Pi 4B
4.Which instruction are you following?
ArduCam online documentation
5.Has your product ever worked properly?
It has never worked properly.
6.What problems are you experiencing?
Traceback (most recent call last): File “FocuserExample.py”, line 237, in main() File “FocuserExample.py”, line 229, in main curses.wrapper(draw_menu,camera) File “/usr/lib/python2.7/curses/wrapper.py”, line 43, in wrapper return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds) File “FocuserExample.py”, line 204, in draw_menu RenderMiddleText(stdscr,k,focuser) File “FocuserExample.py”, line 82, in RenderMiddleText focus_value = “Focus : {}”.format(focuser.get(Focuser.OPT_FOCUS))[:width-1] File “/home/pi/PTZ-Camera-Controller/PTZ_IMX477_Controller/pyCode/Focuser.py”, line 144, in get self.waitingForFree() File “/home/pi/PTZ-Camera-Controller/PTZ_IMX477_Controller/pyCode/Focuser.py”, line 87, in waitingForFree while self.isBusy() and count < (5 / 0.01): File “/home/pi/PTZ-Camera-Controller/PTZ_IMX477_Controller/pyCode/Focuser.py”, line 83, in isBusy return self.read(self.CHIP_I2C_ADDR,self.BUSY_REG_ADDR) != 0 File “/home/pi/PTZ-Camera-Controller/PTZ_IMX477_Controller/pyCode/Focuser.py”, line 74, in read value = self.bus.read_word_data(chip_addr,reg_addr)

IOError: [Errno 121] Remote I/O error i2cdetect -y 1

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f

00 : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

20 : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

30 : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

40 : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

50 : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

60 : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

7.What attempts at troubleshooting have you already made?
I connected six pins to the GPIO correctly. I have also enable the I2C and make the changes in the /boot/config.txt dtparam=i2c_arm=on dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=10000 I also changed the ribbon cable.
8.How would you like us to help you?

And I checked the operation of the camera using Raspistill.

https://www.arducam.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/73175/db1r17at3m0eokbq5lgybkmyhdyjhy9u.PNG

1 Like

Hello,

Don’t worry and I will try my best to help you.

Remote I/O error exist when the i2c1 bus interface is abnormal. When you power on the board, can you see the system led is flashing? Or can you see the PTZ lens is moving?

It not, maybe the board is defective.

LEDs flash for a while and then turn off.
PTZ lens only makes a sound for a moment and doesn’t move.

Hi,

It seems normal. It means the firmware is right. Please ensure if your i2c interface connection is normal. The system does not detect the i2c address. Please check the sda and scl in detail.

The i2c interface connection is normal.

Hello,

Thanks for your detail information.

Would you like to attach me complete hardware diagram.Zhǐshì PI zhè yīduān dì huà bù hǎo quèdìng xìnhào shìfǒu zhèngcháng, lìngwài, nǐ yǒu shìguò gēnghuàn xìnhào xiàn me?

It’s just that the PI side is not easy to determine whether the signal is normal. In addition, have you tried to replace the signal line?

It is connected the same as Docs. Among them, it did not connect with Servo.
I also changed the signal line, but it still doesn’t work.
When power is input, only camera sound and LED turn on and off for a while, but it does not work even when using FocuserExample.py.

Hi. We are also facing the same issue but I2C detection is working fine. Can you please help us to fix the issue. We have also just emailed to the technical support